The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about GDL - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: I created an object that prints an error message in 3D all the time, please help!)

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

By Moonlight
My lovely dear Graphisoft,

ifc_subtype parameter can be considered well documented by your standards.

contrary to ifc_predefined type

it's considered a predefined Graphisoft ArchiCAD's GDL parameter, but there is nothing about it.

Please, if you intend to retire it in the future, couldn't you have left a note.
By Moonlight
Dear Graphisoft,

I here by confirm that there is a typo in your manuals

ArchiCAD 22 - GDL Reference Manual - How to know what the exact GUID of a Library Object is - page 506

ArchiCAD 23 - GDL Reference Manual - How to know what the exact GUID of a Library Object is - page 533

It says:
This dialog appears in 3 contexts:
• Open Object by Subtype ... (in File menu)
• ..... etc, etc
Well I don't know about Mac users, but PC users don't have Open Object by Subtype in the File Menu,

They have it in the "Edit GDL Libaray Parts" toolbar
By Joachim Suehlo
This is interesting.
I searched for the command on Mac and found it in the work environment under "All commands"
and was able to add it to the File menu.
By Moonlight
@Joachim Suehlo

This is a long thread about suggesting manual's improvements, since that there is no known place where we can suggest edits to the manuals.

Anyway, about your comment, you have just proved my point, and that is in need of revision and proof reading, since that a lot of he users aren't experts and will usually turn to the manual/guides for reference.
By Moonlight
Please Graphisoft

For Migration Script, there is no examples for STORED_PAR_VALUE or DELETED_PAR_VALUE, and it would be nice if you have added this example
viewtopic.php?p=273990#p273990