The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about GDL - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: I created an object that prints an error message in 3D all the time, please help!)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

Attached is the rendering of my current project and the missing area I need to fill. It is to be the connection piece for two sides of sill block. I do not know how to create this shape and would be grateful for any suggestions on how to do so.

The shape is roughly similar to truncated rectangular pyramid. It is more similarly to a box with 2 sides slanted at an angle like a pyramid. The space is an 8" x 8" square.

I would prefer to not have overlapping elements, but if it is necessary to create this piece - please also tell me how to remove the extra section.

Thank you,
Attachments
Missing Piece.jpg
There are probably several ways of going about it.
Here is one: place a Column there the Building Material of which is higher than those of the Wall's Building Materials. Then the Column will cut itself out of the Wall's geometry.
Place the Column onto a hidden Layer so it does not appear in the model, but still cuts the Wall.
Destyni Hall:

One option is to place a Slab, the select each desired slanted side of the Slab and use the Pet Palette > Custom Edge Settings (top row, far right) to give those edges an angle to match the sill.

David
LaszloNagy wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:17 pm
There are probably several ways of going about it.
Here is one: place a Column there the Building Material of which is higher than those of the Wall's Building Materials. Then the Column will cut itself out of the Wall's geometry.
Place the Column onto a hidden Layer so it does not appear in the model, but still cuts the Wall.
Reading what Barry wrote I realize I might have misunderstood the question so Barry has the right answer.