The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about GDL - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: I created an object that prints an error message in 3D all the time, please help!)

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

By blob
Hi,

I need to create a wall object similar to the one created with the wall tool, which has insulation and connects to other walls. How can I do this? When creating a gdl object I can select the subtype wall, however I'm not sure how this works since this type of object seems to be placed using the object tool? I also found some 10+ years old posts on this forum saying it's not possible to create walls, is this still the case?

br,
blob
By LaszloNagy
Yes, it is still the case I would say.
Objects cannot sense each other's position or parameters so it would not be possible to make its connection to other "Wall" Objects
Don't forget you can create composite walls that can have a skin for insulation.

Or if you need a wall profile that is not rectangular, you can create complex profiles.
These complex profiles can even have 'modifiers' now, so you can stretch individual skins - not just changing the height or width of the entire wall.

These complex profiles with modifiers is a bit like having a wall object, but because it is a wall it will interact with other walls, slabs, beams, etc.

Barry.