The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about GDL - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: I created an object that prints an error message in 3D all the time, please help!)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

By Palawat
Thank you, Piotr. I've already implemented the request options since it's the only way I know that can get the info out.

Back to TREAD_BMATS, from the ref. guide (please see the attachment) there's a part with "... of selected (current) tread ..." that throw me off. It kinda suggests that you can apply the label with specific tread (tab-select). Maybe it's just a typo, a copy and paste mistake in the ref. guide.

Even with the stair selected (not tread), text2, 0, 0, tread_bmats[1] doesn't crashed but gives off 0 (zero) which I don't think it's correct.

It's even more ... I would say "surprised" ... that ArchiCad also crashed when the label is applied to a tread with nothing but the following code in 2D
Code: Select all
if glob_elem_type = 21 then     ! Stairs
     text2, 0, 0, "stairs"
     text2 0, 1, tread_bmats[1]
else
     text2 0, 0, "not stairs"
endif
With this "if-then", the "tread_bmats" shouldn't even run when a tread is selected because glob_elem_type for tread is 22. But ArchiCad crashes anyway.

Maybe I should stay off "trade_bmats" for now.
Attachments
tread_bmats.png
tread_bmats
tread_bmats.png (11.58 KiB) Viewed 961 times
By mnguyen
Hi,

Thank you for sharing the experience and I am sorry about the experience!

Unfortunately, I'm not an expert in GDL, therefore I cannot tell what is causing the issue. I will have our Technical Support team take a look at this.

You mentioned that ARCHICAD crashes when labeling any tread using this. I'm wondering if you can forward to us one of the Bug ID generated by the Bug Reporter?
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/64553/

Thank you very much for your help!

I wish you all a great day, and take care!

Best regards,
Minh