The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about using Libraries and Library Parts - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: How can I display a Transom above my Door?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

Wonderful...more customization to a window object that "should" be part of the stock AC22 window libraries.....a bi-folding window......it's a typical windows used EVERYWHERE in the world.....yet no stock object for it.
it may be an "odd" window but....here in SoCal....its used tremendously for indoor/outdoor kitchen to patio use, so, not that odd here.

I just wish Graphisoft would rehire "architects" to program their software rather than kids who've never had any experience in the field of construction/architecture. Sometimes, being in the "trenches" for decades adds so much more than being able to program objects.....but alas.

No biggy, maybe when GS comes out with release 30.....they'll include a stock "bi-fold window" object.
:shock:
Any news on this? We use bi-fold windows in our projects regularly as well. Having to use the bi-fold door just adds extra steps.
jocontreras wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:17 pm Do yourself a favor and rent for one month cad image tools (around 30 dollars). It has all the windows you need.

Or just get a free trial to test them.
But just remember, if you are not paying the monthly/yearly subscription after your trial period, you will be able to see placed instances of their objects, but you won't be able to modify them.

Barry.
jocontreras wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:17 pm Do yourself a favor and rent for one month cad image tools (around 30 dollars). It has all the windows you need.
CadImages Plug-ins cost $30.....PER MONTH? Wow...thats pricey. $360/year.....that's half the cost of full blown Archicad software.
rob2218 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:00 pm ... $360/year.....that's half the cost of full blown Archicad software.
Uh, no. Fact check. It is less than half the cost of a one year maintenance subscription renewal on an existing license which costs more than 12x that to start.

If fully apples to apples - comparing monthly license fees.... ARCHICAD USA is $280/month or $ 2,250/year for full subscription/rental vs purchase. So, over 9x more on a rental basis.
https://graphisoft.com/us/subscription-license-pricing
Half the cost of my “Archicad Subscription” software rental of Archicad.....that’s what I meant
to type.
I know a full-blown AC cost Bucco pesos......but the subscription program is around $800/year.
Or look at a $30/mo. price tag, if you're billing $90/hour, it's 1/3 of an hour (i.e. 20 min. of billable time) per month. You've probably already spent that much time on this thread just griping about it.