The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about using Libraries and Library Parts - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: How can I display a Transom above my Door?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

In AC21 solo project, We have a project were the embedded library is heavy with texture images and objects. I've set up a remote library texture file and exported (i.e. copied) the texture images to it. I can add the library in the library manager. However, in Surface settings/load image from library, the textures library does not appear.

What needs to happen to resolve that issue? Secondly, will I have to reassign textures to surfaces from the textures library before deleting files from the embedded library?
Kevin Updike wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:32 pm Secondly, will I have to reassign textures to surfaces from the textures library before deleting files from the embedded library?

No so long as they are in at least one loaded library, Archicad will find them automatically (but not if you have renamed them).

If they exist in more than one loaded library, that is when you will get warnings about 'Duplicates'.
You can then see where they are and delete one of the duplicates (in this case from your Embedded Library'.

Barry.