The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about using Libraries and Library Parts - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: How can I display a Transom above my Door?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Gordana Radonic, nbalogh, mnguyen, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

By Jody S Keppers
I'm having trouble configuring panels on the garage door library part. I'm trying to set up a garage door so that it is divided into panels, four panels high and three wide. What I get is what is shown in the attached image.
Garage Door image
Garage Door image
Garage Door.png (251.39 KiB) Viewed 170 times
Instead of single individual panels, I get sets of five subpanels. I have looked everywhere I can think of to find a setting that controls these subpanels. Can anyone help?
By Stress Co.
Which door part are you using?
I get this with "D1 Garage 03 23"

Now, if the part would only allow us to edit the panel.... :?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 4.38.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 4.38.07 PM.png (1.63 MiB) Viewed 158 times
By Jody S Keppers
Hi, Marc -

Yes, that's the door part I am using. I changed that setting twenty times if I changed it once, and it changed the panel arrangement as you showed but not the strange division of the panel.

After about 20 minutes of fiddling, I realized that there was something strange going on with my Archicad file. I got it to work correctly by inserting the door in a wall, opening the part and changing it to D1 Segmented Garage 02 24 and then changing it back to D1 Garage 03 24 again. I saved that as a favorite, and it works fine now. Why? I have no idea.

Although not a direct solution, your post gave me the encouragement I needed to get this figured out. Thanks very much.
By Stress Co.
It may have been the alignment of the planets :lol:
By Lingwisyer
Maybe the UI script doesn't properly update the parameters?
By Barry Kelly
Jody S Keppers wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:17 am I got it to work correctly by inserting the door in a wall, opening the part and changing it to D1 Segmented Garage 02 24 and then changing it back to D1 Garage 03 24 again. I saved that as a favorite, and it works fine now.

TIP: you can also right mouse click on the object in the settings and chose "Reset to Default Settings".

There must have been another setting somewhere that was affecting the arrangement of the panels.
By swapping it you have gone back to the default settings where that problem setting had not been made.
It can be troublesome sometimes when one setting you make affects how other settings work.
When in doubt, reset to default.
Or I like to just start with a new object to see if I can get that to do what I want.
You can either then delete the 'bad' and then replace it with the 'good' one, or if you have associated dimensions already, place the 'good' one, pick up its parameter with the pipette tool (ALT or ALT+C) and then inject (CTRL+ALT or CTRL+ALT+C) into the existing 'bad' one.

Barry.