The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Hardware specific issues - computers, graphics cards, mice/input devices, system benchmarks, protection key issues, etc.

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

By GeNOS
Hey all. looking for some recommendations on a new mouse.
iv had 3 high end Logitech ones back to back and they dont really last, so its time to change brands. so looking for recommendations for anything but logitech.

wireless with long life rechargeable would be ideal.
ones that take new batteries each time im not interested in.

Cheers
Gene
By Klingenberg
I really like my VicTsing PC140A. I didn't buy it myself and I don't think I ever would, but it pleasently surprised me when I started using it. Maybe give it a shot.
By Erwin Edel
By lasting you mean battery life?

I have had wired logitech mice for as long as I remember and they all last for years and years before anything breaks. The last one I replaced because the little 'feet' started to peel off after 10 years of daily use.
By GeNOS

I have had wired logitech mice for as long as I remember and they all last for years and years before anything breaks. The last one I replaced because the little 'feet' started to peel off after 10 years of daily use.

hey, lasting as in my thumb wears a hole through surface of the mouse. has happened on every logitech iv owned.
By Erwin Edel
Guess I have gentle thumbs :wink:

Currently have a M500 at work, I can see some discolouration where my thumb rests and the logo is starting to wear off, but it still works fine and is comfortable to use and at €30-€35 can't really complain about value for money there.

Got a gaming model at home that is probably discontinued by now, but again no problems.
By Lingwisyer

hey, lasting as in my thumb wears a hole through surface of the mouse. has happened on every logitech iv owned.

Wow. I am kind of curious to how that looks. The worst I have had is the left click started to play up, but that was after 5 years of heavy usage. In regards to the thumb, I have only had the texture wear off as that is rubberised over a hard plastic.

How do you hold your mouse? Claw? Have you thought of looking into getting a mouse designed specifically for your hold style?

Ling.
By CAD_Trainer
I use a wired mouse because wireless can sometimes drop signal and muck it all up lol.
Also my Corsair has a few programmable buttons. The main one I use is to switch the last two modes, so I can move from pointer to line (eg) with a thumb click.