The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Hardware specific issues - computers, graphics cards, mice/input devices, system benchmarks, protection key issues, etc.

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By Lingwisyer
Unless you are gaming and have "sensitive eyes", I would not bother with a 144hz monitor. Spend the money on more screen real-estate instead or a better quality panel.

Or just save your money and do what Karl suggests, and get an adaptor.

Ling.
By Erwin Edel
Personal taste, but also using 2x 24" HD screen (which has vga + hdmi, so maybe check to make sure yours do not have that either).

I run ArchiCAD completely full screen on the left screen which I face, the one to the right has my windows taskbar and stuff like browser, email, PDF docs and a few stray archicad palettes (SEO and such).

I prefer that to a larger screen.

4k is nice for picture clarity, but doesn't play nice with windows allways I believe and you need a fairly decent GPU to push all those pixels.
By LeeKong
Unless you are gaming and have "sensitive eyes", I would not bother with a 144hz monitor. Spend the money on more screen real-estate instead or a better quality panel.

Or just save your money and do what Karl suggests, and get an adaptor.

Ling.

Thank you
By LeeKong
Personal taste, but also using 2x 24" HD screen (which has vga + hdmi, so maybe check to make sure yours do not have that either).

I run ArchiCAD completely full screen on the left screen which I face, the one to the right has my windows taskbar and stuff like browser, email, PDF docs and a few stray archicad palettes (SEO and such).

I prefer that to a larger screen.

4k is nice for picture clarity, but doesn't play nice with windows allways I believe and you need a fairly decent GPU to push all those pixels.
I am getting the RTX 2070. My current monitor uses VGA + HDMI port. I will probably buy an adapter first and see how it goes, will eventually buy a better one.
By sboydturner
Just get a new 4K monitor you’re already spending thousands on processor and graphics card, why cheap out on the monitor that you will be looking at almost every day for the next three years.

Scott