The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Hardware specific issues - computers, graphics cards, mice/input devices, system benchmarks, protection key issues, etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Lingwisyer
One reason that there are not many gaming cards on the list might be due to the frequent driver updates, which are not always the best for stability. Someone buys the "recommended card", installs the current drivers and it works. The next month, someone else buys that same card and installs a newer driver and it does not work. Not the best for consumer confidence...
By Erwin Edel
Think it's, for example, Nvidia that only certifies their pro GPU for ArchiCAD. I don't think GS certifies hardware.

So I'm guessing GS is testing one or two gaming cards now and then and Nvidia tests a selection of their pro line-up.
By vortextheory
so my new RTX 2070 super, is fricken awesome. I'm trying to get hold of a quadro for some testing and comparison.

side note: it's nice to be back on a desktop system with direct connection to the gpu. I'll never touch a laptop with nvidia optimus and intel 630 again unless you can disable it. Also the AMD 3900x just chews through anything.