The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Collection of links to photos, projects, web-sites etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Gus
I am thinking that all the people on this user forum could be together refining templates and sharing templates with one another. Is there a library somewhere of templates of drawing sets? I know we can buy them from several places, but it seems we could also just share them with one another and improve them over time and number the versions etc. Has anyone done this. is anyone doing this?
By Lennox
Great idea. Its probably the best way to improve your own workflows and template - by seeing other peoples. I think the archicad talk depository had a section for templates - but think that has been taken over by BIM components.
By s2art
Lennox wrote:Great idea. Its probably the best way to improve your own workflows and template - by seeing other peoples. I think the archicad talk depository had a section for templates - but think that has been taken over by BIM components.
Object Depository is still available HERE but the only thing in the Templates section is an icon for AC13.
By Nathan Brauer
Speaking of Templates, I'm working on updating mine for 17.

I've been working with the same template in AC since version 9 (!) and have lots of things set up that I like. Maybe eccentric, but its worked for a long time for me.

But this building materials thing has me re-evaluating.

So does it make more sense to start with a new AC 17 project and import all my custom setting, pen tables, materials and things into it? Or work the other way around: import AC17's new attributes into my old file. (I think I know the answer, I just don't like it. I've been trying the latter method, and have hit all sorts of kinks.)

What do you think?

And then once cleaned up, I'll share it.
By ejrolon
Try both, I did. Spend half an hour in each and see which is easier.

Start with 17 and bring in, with "delete and replace with" errors are easy to fix and also works great if you go the other way.

What I did was open the AC16 file, spent couple of hours getting it working ok and then started to bring in from one of the standard Templates and removing stuff that I know I don't need.

One thing to take in consideration is that having a clean/logical Favorites system will help avoid doing a lot of Delete and Replace.

Now I have to work on the Attribute Numbers which are all over the place.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 10.27.21 AM.png