The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Import/Export to other CAD/BIM formats (DWG/DXF, IFC, SketchUp, 3DS etc.), spreadsheets, databases etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By peach49
Can anyone help with this?

Im currently creating a 3d model in archicad of a site, which has a been surveyed in an autocad drawing.

In order to accurately get the levels onto the 3d model i need to somehow overlay my autocad drawing onto my archicad drawing so that i can draw on the contour lines from the survey. Can anyone suggest a way of importing an autocad drawing into archicad to scale so i can do this?

Thanks alot.
I have a question on importing 3D cad dwg drawings. Im trying to insert a 3D cad dwg of a site plan... the site dwg is already in a 3d format in Cad but when i import it into Archicad,it comes in as a 2d drawing... is there a certain reason for this or do 3d dwg's need to be imported differently then 2d dwg's? thanks, J
jrscholl wrote:I have a question on importing 3D cad dwg drawings. Im trying to insert a 3D cad dwg of a site plan... the site dwg is already in a 3d format in Cad but when i import it into Archicad,it comes in as a 2d drawing... is there a certain reason for this or do 3d dwg's need to be imported differently then 2d dwg's? thanks, J

ArchiCAD only imports 3D DWG as library parts. To convert 3D DWG to a site model you need ArchiTerra, but you will have to convert the DWG to DXF. I just did a very large site and it worked brilliantly (aside from the mediocre quality of the DWG file).
By Sanaa
I have a question on importing a cad dwg drawings. Please help

I'm new in using ArchiCad and I'm trying to insert a cad dwg of a site plan so I can use it to set up my design. How could do that?

Second post from the top. OR start reading

page 386 "Drawings in Model Views" of ArchiCAD 12 Reference Guide
and
page 496 "Opening DWG/DXF Files"
and
in the help file search for drawing