The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sharing a project for a team, accessing projects remotely. Setup of BIMcloud/Users/Roles, Working/Messaging in Teamwork (Example: What are the firewall settings for the BIMcloud to make it accessible over the Internet?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy, Marton Kiss, Istvan Moharos

By vfrontiers
I get this error while trying to sign in for the first time into a file that has 2 others already signed in. This error shows 3 times, then another error dialog displays....

"This name is in use by a locked document select another folder or use a different name"

Then the file quits.

1.The NAME I use to sign in does not matter.

2. Happens on several machines.

3. The file is an OPEN member type.

Any help?
By vfrontiers
Karl,

I'll check into it tomorrow.

It has been somewhat of a struggle trying to integrate MACS into our PC office. We've now decided to use our PowerMAC as a Fileserver and I can't seem to get the new folders created to take on the permissions of their parent (automatically).

I believe I have checked this, but maybe you're on to something here. Although... I am signed in (as ME) on my machine, but trying to sign in as another person, I even get the same message.

Not fun when deadlines loom (of course, when don't they!)
By vfrontiers
Not sure if I really found out what CAUSED it, but I did solve the issue! We bought all macs for the office and installed a MAC Server.. w/ server software. Setting permissions is better with the server software, which I suspect was the crux of the problems...