The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

View only topic: Collection of Best Practices edited by the moderator. (Please post your tips into one of the topics under section II.)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By Abelito
I need help. I want to do a curtain wall of the type UGLASS, but i dont know how to do it in ARCHICAD. Please
User avatar
By Karl Ottenstein
Unless you tell us which uglass curtainwall, and if you are running ArchiCAD 12 with the curtainwall tool, or an earlier version, none of us will have a clue as to what you want or how to help you.

By Abelito
Hello Karl, I have the archicad 12 installed. I want to do a curtain wall composed by double layer of low iron UGLASS profile units (nominal 60 mm) an aluminium frame system.
By Abelito
Karl, I refer to glass pieces with form of channel, as the frontage of steven's hall atkins museum . A translucent U-shaped cast glass produced in several widths ranging from 9" - 19" and lengths to 23 feet.
User avatar
By rocorona
As I've just replied on ArchiRADAR, you can achieve this creating a new CW panel.

- Create a new Complex Profile, shaped as a reversed "U";
- Place a BEAM with that complex profile on the floor plan, along the Y axis (if you want the glass to be vertical, as normal);
- Select the Beam, and go to File>Library and objects>Save custom component... Save it as Custom CW Panel.

Then set up your CurtainWall.
- Give to the grid the dimension of the glass element. You can set a simple 1x1 grid;
- For the panels, choose the Custom Panel CW 12. In the parameter list, at "Panel name", select the object you create;
- Make the mullions/transoms "Invisible".
User avatar
By rocorona
Here is a simple example.
Uglass complex-profile and CW panel