The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sharing a project for a team, accessing projects remotely. Setup of BIMcloud/Users/Roles, Working/Messaging in Teamwork (Example: What are the firewall settings for the BIMcloud to make it accessible over the Internet?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy, Marton Kiss, Istvan Moharos

User avatar
By ares997
#152441
I justed wanted to say thanks for all the changes that you have made in the upcoming release. This is a truly unique and magical moment for the design industry as we know it. There are a lot of changes, and some of which are going to revolutionize the industry that we know today into something much more powerful that we could have ever imagined (some of us at least).

The DELTA SERVER is truly going to enhance our industry by leaps and bounds.

The 64-bit machine is another great feature, and hopefully the MAC version will hit the streets, along with the MAC VBE version as well.

The angled slab is cool, the walls with insulation helps.

Though I just wanted point again the DELTA SERVER patented technology is truly amazing, and totally understandable in many ways. This is going to change the face of the design industry. This is probably the most sustainable technological design for the building industry to date. Imagine we don't have to go to an office everyday, we don't have to spend $10k's of advanced hardware on our severs to get then to catch up to our 100mb file transfers while in Archicad. This is truly one of the most amazing and long awaited changes. I can remember working with a team, one in Montana, another in aspen, another in Vancouver, one in LA, one on the east cost, all on the same project, and how hard it was as a team leader to get stuff ready to go initially. That 8 hours of set-up is now gone, the delays in transferring files are gone.

This is our software. This is our time. Archicad'ers need to stand up right now and make some noise about this. The evolution of our software has finally taken the wind out of AUTODESK's #adsk sails/sales. As of yesterday #adsk stocks tumbled on the release of #ac13, the #deltaserver, #graphisoft's new website. This is the time where we need to write our hearts out and put it on the web; in our blogs, in our articles, in our daily communications. We can now do things that have NEVER been possible in our industry since the beginning of time, since the beginning of our industry, since the first CPU's. No one has this technology, no one has the capabilities to do what we do today or tomorrow. There is nothing that is more satisfying than our newly crowned CEO and Global Marketing Director who have been with the company for a really long time, and are young like us, to make these changes.

Stop whining and start clapping your hands and making some comments about publicity about your excitement. I understand the economy is a bucket of rusty bolts, and bankers are idiots. But "our" software has just sniped the competition without even a sound, and all for us, all so that we can become the people who can band together, on any project from any corner of the world.

THIS IS IT, KIDS, We have been apart of something that rarely happens in a lifetime, something that is going to change everything. In 20 years I think it will more clear to most of you owners who always have something stupid to say about the software that you invested in.

THANKS GRAPHISOFT TEAM! THANK YOU!
User avatar
By Rob
#152444
mate I can imagine you talking to diggers in trenches.. missing just the last sentence - BAYONETS ON AND CHARGE FORWARD! ... for Archicaaaaad... :wink:
User avatar
By owen
#152457
:lol:

Despite my OSX+64Bit ranting in another thread I do think TW2 really is a great leap forward for ArchiCAD in medium-large practice. If it does what is says on the box - Teamwork sync even across domestic broadband connections - then I know my old firm will be very, very happy. Remote office Teamwork has been a nightmare in the past and this makes it look easy. The devil is in the details but overall ..

nice work!
By Braza
#152460
Thank GS Team!... And you Ares for the cheers up!

Sometimes there are so many owls... :wink:
Rob wrote:mate I can imagine you talking to diggers in trenches.. missing just the last sentence - BAYONETS ON AND CHARGE FORWARD! ... for Archicaaaaad... :wink:
Thats the spirit!... Like here.

Meet you all in the battlefield... :wink:
User avatar
By ares997
#152480
All we need now is to digg.com all the articles and anything out there...drive the autodesk stock to half it's value...and we will be home free...
Braza wrote:Thank GS Team!... And you Ares for the cheers up!

Sometimes there are so many owls... :wink:
Rob wrote:mate I can imagine you talking to diggers in trenches.. missing just the last sentence - BAYONETS ON AND CHARGE FORWARD! ... for Archicaaaaad... :wink:
This is a great link...makes me proud to be an autodesk fighting sentient being ...
Thats the spirit!... Like here.

Meet you all in the battlefield... :wink:
User avatar
By Erika Epstein
#152481
Braza wrote:Thank GS Team!... And you Ares for the cheers up!
My thanks as well. Ares, what an excellent summary.
TW2 is huge!
Anytime you have two or more people sharing a project the benefits will be noticeable.
Ares wrote:I justed wanted to say thanks for all the changes that you have made in the upcoming release. This is a truly unique and magical moment for the design industry as we know it. There are a lot of changes, and some of which are going to revolutionize the industry that we know today into something much more powerful that we could have ever imagined (some of us at least).

The DELTA SERVER is truly going to enhance our industry by leaps and bounds.

The 64-bit machine is another great feature, and hopefully the MAC version will hit the streets, along with the MAC VBE version as well.

The angled slab is cool, the walls with insulation helps.

Though I just wanted point again the DELTA SERVER patented technology is truly amazing, and totally understandable in many ways. This is going to change the face of the design industry. This is probably the most sustainable technological design for the building industry to date. Imagine we don't have to go to an office everyday, we don't have to spend $10k's of advanced hardware on our severs to get then to catch up to our 100mb file transfers while in Archicad. This is truly one of the most amazing and long awaited changes. I can remember working with a team, one in Montana, another in aspen, another in Vancouver, one in LA, one on the east cost, all on the same project, and how hard it was as a team leader to get stuff ready to go initially. That 8 hours of set-up is now gone, the delays in transferring files are gone.

This is our software. This is our time. Archicad'ers need to stand up right now and make some noise about this. The evolution of our software has finally taken the wind out of AUTODESK's #adsk sails/sales. As of yesterday #adsk stocks tumbled on the release of #ac13, the #deltaserver, #graphisoft's new website. This is the time where we need to write our hearts out and put it on the web; in our blogs, in our articles, in our daily communications. We can now do things that have NEVER been possible in our industry since the beginning of time, since the beginning of our industry, since the first CPU's. No one has this technology, no one has the capabilities to do what we do today or tomorrow. There is nothing that is more satisfying than our newly crowned CEO and Global Marketing Director who have been with the company for a really long time, and are young like us, to make these changes.

Stop whining and start clapping your hands and making some comments about publicity about your excitement. I understand the economy is a bucket of rusty bolts, and bankers are idiots. But "our" software has just sniped the competition without even a sound, and all for us, all so that we can become the people who can band together, on any project from any corner of the world.

THIS IS IT, KIDS, We have been apart of something that rarely happens in a lifetime, something that is going to change everything. In 20 years I think it will more clear to most of you owners who always have something stupid to say about the software that you invested in.

THANKS GRAPHISOFT TEAM! THANK YOU!"
Ares997
User avatar
By Enrico Bonilauri
#152489
Hi, I'm still quite new to ArchiCAD (switched in early 2009) and I'm still learning a lot about the software. I really think it's a great tool and I'm extremely happy with it.

I'm just extremely disappointed with its built-in stair maker tool, which just doesn't match the overall quality of the program. I've been working a lot on this, I've gone though tutorials, reference books, posted and read posts in forums... Still not working!
Unfortunately, I've gone through the ArchiCAD 13 presentation clips and there was no mention at all about any improvement about the built-in stair tool.

All those new improvements for AC13 sound great, but at the end of the day I'll still be there fighting with my flights of stairs...


I'm also looking forward for the 64bit version to be available for Mac, as well as the VBE (I'd love to use it during meetings with my clients!!!).

... by the way, any chance that the non-Graphisoft bugs between Google Earth Connection and AC for Mac got out of the way? Because I'd love that one too!


Keep on with the good job!

Enrico Bonilauri[/i]
User avatar
By Erika Epstein
#152493
Enrico,
Regarding your stair comment; while there have been some improvements, it's been a well-noted problem part of archicad for MANY years.

There have been numerous discussions about how to use the built-in stairmaker as well as the alternatives here on AC. Do a search for 'stairs' or 'stairmaker'.
User avatar
By amonle
#152537
I can't believe that there is so much disappointment (bordering on hating) going on in other forum topics. Granted I have not been an ArchiCAD user long enough to get frustrated with it - but TW2 is GAME CHANGING.
Imagine poor me, new to AC and trawling through these same forums looking for remote working solutions and then voila! I feel as though TW2 was invented just for me - the reason being that I am trying my hand at being an architect 'offshore' ( http://blog.tropicalismo360.com/?page_id=2 ). All the talk of TW2 being for large firms only is rubbish. At the moment I am ONE. I have always used lots of freelancers in my business and this now opens up brand new possibilities. Try doing it in Nemetschek's own sister product Vectorworks - not a chance!
My main concern at this stage is that people that I contract will also have to be up to date to AC13.
There may be other features for other people that make this upgrade a must. And there may be other categories of firms that upgrade for the same reason as me. But without a doubt we are at the threshold of something new.