The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about GDL - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: I created an object that prints an error message in 3D all the time, please help!)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

This is a wish with a twist

rather than engineer 'fancy new parts' how about creating a different mode for the object dialog, so that I can browse folders of library parts - that are not 'loaded'?

Reason? Any teamwork file can only use Server based libraries. Adding huge folders of parts where only a few are used is a nightmare when users want to connect remotely, and must first download a massive library.
Just like in 16 we can now browse online parts - how about being able to browse other folders? Then we could add & embed what we need on the fly and have far reduced library file sizes!
Just to clarify folks:

This topic is about GDL objects only... Things that can be uploaded to the new bimcomponents web site.

This thread is not about new functionality, whether in the base program (dialog behavior) or add-ons (roofmaker).

Please wish for those other things in the appropriate Wish forums. :-)

Thanks,
Karl with moderator hat on
Daniel Dusoswa wrote:I have some dogs from 2005, ancient by today's standards but are not bad! A boxer in various poses, Dachshund, Greyhound, poodle and two naughty doggies ;-) You are welcome to them, you can contact me throught http://www.archicadusersassociation.com ... ut_Us.html

Love it! Thanks.
I'd like a better grab bar too, ideally one that can be continuous at the inside corners of a shower like ADA requires.

But you can make a decent version using complex profiles and the wall tool. Just a simple 1.25" diameter profile, and then fillet the corners to get a radius. JPEG attached. Only trouble is it won't allow the reference line to be at the center, so the fillets are a bit tricky if the radius is too large.

cheers,
JB
Attachments
grab bar.jpg
I would like round skylights to have a round flange option.
From a post on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?vi ... J85AJV1Bo1

more classical style column choices like corinthian. More railing styles and real balusters.

Add a length and width function to area identifiers. More flexibility working with level markers. a real desk furniture object. make the fireplace insert into a wall like a door or window. a few more electric symbols and annotation items would be nice. A ladder would be nice. patio furniture. some real shrub models and bushes for landscaping. Just a few off the top of my head.
how about a set of simple 2d parts to help with section elevations that are
adjustable to do the little things that archicad cannot do -- like the attatched ?
Attachments
(8.77 KiB) Downloaded 574 times
jbArch wrote:I'd like a better grab bar too, ideally one that can be continuous at the inside corners of a shower like ADA requires.

I'd like a parametric shower object that would allow the ability to define:
- ADA grab bars
- Tile layout
- Drain location
- Shower head location
- Faucet location
- Tile surrounds
- Glass surrounds
- Glass door
- Bench
- Curb height
- etc.