The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Import/Export to other CAD/BIM formats (DWG/DXF, IFC, SketchUp, 3DS etc.), spreadsheets, databases etc.

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

By Thomas Holm
Djordje,

something is wrong with the Archiguide (was last night, too).

If I for example click on the Problem Type 3D/imaging I get the exact same file list as if I click DWG/DXF. An extremely long and unhelpful result list. And some topics don't belong in either Problem Type, such as Scroll problems on the Mac with Logitech mice.

Other types exhibit a similar behaviour.

Maybe these problems should be sorted out before advertising the new Archiguide.
By Djordje
Ben Odonnell wrote:I really do hope they sort it soon. It is quiet frustrating searching for things in there at the moment..

No such time for server problems as the weekend, right? :wink:
Djordje wrote:
Ben Odonnell wrote:The tutorial that Thomas posted is to date the only work around

Not a work around. That is a method.

If you missed the announcement in Tips&Tricks - the ArchiGuide is revamped as of today, take a look!

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/

Method/work around.
Very fine line I belive. Until you can import them directly I belive it to be a work around. Why? Well if you can convert polymesh faces why not take it to the next level and make it possible to import solids?
By stefan
To interpret solids, you need a license for the ACIS-kernel, which might not be what Graphisoft want's to invest in, certainly when the kernel is not used in the Core of ArchiCAD. I think it is rather expensive to support it only for file transfer.

Maybe some other file-conversion utitility might be a good inbetween step.

I guess it will never be possible.

Solution? Have a license of AutoCAD for conversion purposes ;) or one of the competing products that might cost less.