The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Visual appeal, Interactions (Navigate, Select, Edit, Input), User Interface Components...

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential
43%
Important
43%
Average
14%
Not important
No votes
0%
Not needed
No votes
0%
By ispyridis
2D drawing overlay has been a great feature in Archicad, why not having this kind of feature in BimX? I think the next release should include this feature.

Thanks
By LaszloNagy
Would you care to elaborate? Which feature do you mean exactly?
At the moment I tend to believe what you are asking is already included in BIMx PRO where you can see the 2D documentation of a project hyperlinked with its 3D model.
It is something else you are referring to?
By Barry Kelly
laszlonagy wrote:At the moment I tend to believe what you are asking is already included in BIMx PRO where you can see the 2D documentation of a project hyperlinked with its 3D model.

Even the standard version of BIMx on mobile devices can do this now.
However the desktop version can not if this is what you are asking for.

Barry.
By ispyridis
Barry Kelly wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:At the moment I tend to believe what you are asking is already included in BIMx PRO where you can see the 2D documentation of a project hyperlinked with its 3D model.

Even the standard version of BIMx on mobile devices can do this now.
However the desktop version can not if this is what you are asking for.

Barry.

Hi you misunderstood me. I'd like to ovelay 2d drawings on 2d drawings. say a layout with worksheet views with scanned drawings and a layout with 2d views generated from the model. There are many cases that 2d on 2d would be useful.

Best Regards
By LaszloNagy
Ah, OK, so you would like to have Trace Reference functionality in BIMx?

You could start a wish to see how much support it gets.
By ispyridis
laszlonagy wrote:Ah, OK, so you would like to have Trace Reference functionality in BIMx?

You could start a wish to see how much support it gets.

Well can't this thread be moved to the wishes section? Or should I make a new one?
By LaszloNagy
Actually, I thought about this a bit and I think it would be very useful and beneficial to have this feature in BIMx. On the construction site one could compared one floor plan to another, or a floor plan to a section. Currently these 2D docs can be overlaid on the 3D model, but not each other.
So I voted essential.