The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Visual appeal, Interactions (Navigate, Select, Edit, Input), User Interface Components...

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
57%
Important (4)
43%
Average (3)
No votes
0%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
No votes
0%
By Mark Reid Rowland
I've often found on projects that have not been managed properly that there are a large number of unused .gsm in the embedded library.

There should be a 'Purge Unused' function as per the attribute manager.
By arqrivas
philips wrote:I agree.
This is especially a concern when doing interior design with dozens of high-poly .gsm models imported from Sketchup 3Dwarehouse.

Same Here!
By Erwin Edel
While not excactly what you are asking for, it is possible to see which objects are being used and if you select individual parts in the library manager you can delete them and see if they are in use as well. This might be helpful, while we wait for ArchiCAD 23 to implement this ;-)

Allthough a blind purge button is quite dangerous for inexperienced users I would say. If I have several stairs that I am trying out during design development and a colleague just purged the ones I wasn't using in model, I'd be a bit annoyed.
Good idea. Purge is good when finishing the project. Also when making templates. Not to mention cleaning the project. When dealing with big projects this is more important.
By Da3dalus
Definitely essential. We get a LOT of parts added when we import IFC models from consultants.

Since IFC doesn't completely understand parametrics, it has to import every instance of a structural member or a plumbing fixture as a separate object, whether or not there is any variation. Otherwise the geometry may be wrong.

Also, it just gives ex-AutoCAD users another thing to complain about: "AutoCAD had PURGE way back in 1985." I don't want to hear it.

Saving as a PLA Archive is NOT a good answer, especially fro Teamwork files. Clearly it knows how to sort out unused Parts, please just simplify!
Erwin Edel wrote:Allthough a blind purge button is quite dangerous for inexperienced users I would say. If I have several stairs that I am trying out during design development and a colleague just purged the ones I wasn't using in model, I'd be a bit annoyed.

Whilst I agree, this could be managed with user profiles in teamwork and thinking about it, no longer applies to stairs from AC21.