The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about any other product with no dedicated forum - MEP Modeler, ARCHICAD Goodies, 3rd-party Add-Ons, operating systems, products of other vendors, etc. (Example: Which Add-On is the best for creating special Stairs?)

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

By Eli Chiasson
When I Start Routing on a pipe that exists in a Hotlinked file, Archicad will not pick up on the existing pipe's settings (diameter, system, elevation, etc.).

When I Start Routing on a pipe that exists in the file I am working in, this behaves as expected.

I'm modelling multi-unit residential and my workflow is to model the fixtures with initial piping, then hotlink this into another file with all the units to complete the unit plumbing. It would be very helpful if I could continue routing based on the piping that exists in the hotlink.
By gpowless
While you are at it can you look into the reason that angle pipes disappear in 2d? (They are still present in 3D)
By Eli Chiasson
Thank you very much Katalin. This will improve our workflow for sure.

KatalinBorszeki wrote:Hi, this is an error on our end and have been recorded in the development database as such. Thanks for letting us know about it!!