The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Installation and download/setup issues; upgrading, operating system compatibility; getting started/training guides/tutorials. (Example: I cannot launch ARCHICAD, please help!)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By SJPHouse
Hello -

New to the forum and to ArchiCAD. I was able to find where to set the north arrow and that seemed fairly basic. However I noticed my elevations don't correspond to the direction I have set my north arrow on the floor plan. Am I missing something...? Thank you!
By s2art
Elevation naming is not automatic - it is whatever you call it in the Elevation Marker settings
By SJPHouse
I wasn't sure since the program seems to be so smart in other ways I thought it might automatically name the elevations based on the location you set the north arrow to..thank you!
By DGSketcher
Interesting observation. Not sure if it could be done in GDL but I think there are a lot of naming variations such as "Elevation to Main Street" that others may consider more informative.

I might look into this if time allows...
By Stress Co.
SJPHouse wrote:I wasn't sure since the program seems to be so smart in other ways I thought it might automatically name the elevations based on the location you set the north arrow to..thank you!

It does for the Interior Elevation tool :wink:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 9.09.22 AM.png