The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding ARCHICAD (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!). <br />Note: If your problem seems to be an ARCHICAD error please always report it to your local reseller!<br />

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

I wonder if any one is finding this to be true , Archicad seems very slow after the latest Mac os update and the Archicad. It is extremely frustrating. When I use Pan the whole screen goes grey. If any one can shed a light I'll appreciate it.
HI!
There could be several issues causing the slowness.

1. Slow 2D could result from special mouse settings, please find a workaround in this troubleshooting article:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troub ... -settings/

2. The slowness could be caused by 2D Hardware acceleration:
The workaround here is:
- change the settings in Work Environment --> Advanced Redraw Options --> 2D Drawing Hardware Acceleration --> set it to Full
- change the settings in Work Environment --> Model Rebuild Options --> Background Update --> Disabled

Also please install the latest update for ARCHICAD: 6005
Best,
I too am totally frustrated with both 20 and 21. I am spending 10 minutes every hour watching a circle turn around, meaning efficiency is completely gone as too has the value in the software. Please provide some advice on rectifying the issues.
cudacurl wrote:I too am totally frustrated with both 20 and 21. I am spending 10 minutes every hour watching a circle turn around, meaning efficiency is completely gone as too has the value in the software. Please provide some advice on rectifying the issues.

Have you tried the above suggestions?
What are your machine specs?

Barry.
• Make sure to rule out possible hardware problems. A failing HD might cause slow downs as would bad RAM.
• File size might be an issue since you can add enough extra objects to paralyze any type of software. You can rule out if the slowdowns also happen with a new file.
10 mins with a spinning beach ball is not normal.
Make sure you have a decent amount of free space on your main hard drive as well.

Barry.
Hi
We have the same issue.
Archicad 20 and 21 runs as it should for about 10 min, then it freezes with the spinning ball for about 1-2 mins, and then it starts working again. This behavior repeats about every 10 mins.

It doesn't matter if we work online on BIMCloud with ongoing projects or offline with a new project, same problem occurs.

We are 4 people that have the same problem, we all work on mac and have the latest Archicad update.
I have tested both Yosemite and Sierra, same issue.

This makes it very hard for us to work, and it have to be resolved asap!

Anyone have any suggestions other than specified above?? Tried them, but they are not working unfortunately.

Thanks