The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about GDL - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: I created an object that prints an error message in 3D all the time, please help!)

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

By JGoode
I can't seem to work out why the calculations don't seem to be working as I think I might have used the same sort of calculation previously. Is there any reason why it is not changing the object at all?
Attachments
Poly2_b help.jpg
Use put and get for polygons instead writing inline.
no of nodes will be depending on the command type NSP/3..4..5
(how many status type data after coords)
and the all points at the end of the _poly like command will be "get(nsp)"

Best Regards,
Piotr
Using PUT and GET for polygon nodes is great when the number of nodes is variable.
In a case like this where the number of nodes is fixed it really won't make any difference.

Are you saying that when you adjust the value of the 'rail_width' parameter that your object is not changing?
If so do a find and select for 'rail_width' in the master parameter and the first part of this 2D script to see if the value for that parameter is being set - overriding the parameter value.

Or possibly you are using a value for 'rail_width' that just doesn't make sense for the points you are plotting - i.e. value is too small?

Otherwise I don't understand what you mean by 'calculation' as all you have here is a polygon definition.

Barry.
By JGoode
Barry Kelly wrote:Otherwise I don't understand what you mean by 'calculation' as all you have here is a polygon definition.
The calculation that defines the points in the object as in [/code]rail_width/2-(rail_width/2-0.49*********)[/code]
All bits of the definition that included this didn't work so I was wondering if there was a reason why they wouldn't work. I have it working now anyway using a different method.
Bruce wrote:Have you checked to make sure you haven't accidentally created a 2D symbol, as from memory this will stop the 2D script from running?

If there is a 2D script this should override anything drawn in the 2D symbol window.
Unless it is called as a FRAGMENT.

Barry.
JGoode wrote:
Barry Kelly wrote:Otherwise I don't understand what you mean by 'calculation' as all you have here is a polygon definition.
The calculation that defines the points in the object as in [/code]rail_width/2-(rail_width/2-0.49*********)[/code]
All bits of the definition that included this didn't work so I was wondering if there was a reason why they wouldn't work. I have it working now anyway using a different method.

I don't see anything wrong with your script.
So long as you are adjusting the parameter for 'rail_width' your object should adjust.
But as I said be sure this parameter is not being set to a fixed value before the polygon or in the master or parameter script.

It is very hard to tell what is happening without seeing the entire object scripts.

Barry.
By allanp
Hi,

it appears like you are trying to draw flanges, connections to the wall?

assuming that 0.49266 is a big number, or spacing between....that may be where you are going wrong....as you are canceling out your Rail_width/2 by adding it then minusing it at that point you are using that big number...

this looks like code from a projection with the facets of a curve turned into code...when it should be just the true size...

choosing a simple Poly2_B script(not fill distortions)
4 points, plus closing point (5 in total)(-1 to close a poly at end)

Flange_Depth = 0.012
Flange_Diameter = 0.04225

for the origin it would be
Poly2_b 5, 3, gs_fill_pen, gs_back_pen,
-Flange_Diameter/2, 0, 1,
-Flange_Diameter/2, Flange_Depth, 1,
Flange_Diameter/2, Flange_Depth, 1,
Flange_Diameter/2, 0, 1,
-Flange_Diameter/2, 0, -1

for the middle connection it would be...
Rail_width/2-Flange_Diameter/2, 0, 1,
Rail_width/2-Flange_Diameter/2, Flange_Depth, 1,
Rail_width/2+Flange_Diameter/2, Flange_Depth, 1,
Rail_width/2+Flange_Diameter/2, 0, 1,
Rail_width/2-Flange_Diameter/2, 0, -1

for the far end it would be...
Rail_width-Flange_Diameter/2, 0, 1,
Rail_width-Flange_Diameter/2, Flange_Depth, 1,
Rail_width+Flange_Diameter/2, Flange_Depth, 1,
Rail_width+Flange_Diameter/2, 0, 1,
Rail_width-Flange_Diameter/2, 0, -1

39 points is a lot for a simple shape....especially when the y-value does not change (only 2 values)