The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modelling and drafting in ARCHICAD. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By Michael Boreskie
I have only used the morph in a very limited way; now I want to use it for schematic design. A Google search yields all sorts of instruction videos showing various capabilities of the tool - but they all cover just bits and pieces. What I have not been able to locate is a comprehensive systematic instruction. Could someone suggest one. Thanks in advance.
By Barry Kelly
I think you will need to provide more specific information about what you are trying to do.

Barry.
By Michael Boreskie
If I create a rectangular morph and then click on a node, edge or surface, a PET pallet comes up that offers 11 options. The utility of some of the options are obvious but some are not. For instance, if I use the "pencil" to draw a line from midpoint to midpoint of two edges and eventually decide that I want to remove that line, how do I do so.
By Barry Kelly
Michael Boreskie wrote:If I create a rectangular morph and then click on a node, edge or surface, a PET pallet comes up that offers 11 options. The utility of some of the options are obvious but some are not. For instance, if I use the "pencil" to draw a line from midpoint to midpoint of two edges and eventually decide that I want to remove that line, how do I do so.

Select it with the select sub-element option - CTRL+SHIFT is the shortcut (in Windows).
Then delete.

I would advise going into the HELP menu and going to the Archicad YouTube channel.
I there you will find videos on the morph tool.

Barry.
By LaszloNagy
You can watch the ARCHICAD Morph playlist on YouTube. It provides all the details about it:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 09B91E1BF5

There are also clips that show how various architectural classics are modeled using the Morph Tool. It can give you some ideas about how to use it:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... F0657F9A5E