The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything related to BIMx and BIMx Docs: functionality, platforms, features, etc.

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

By Roopa A
#271173
Roopa A wrote:
Erwin Edel wrote:Try saving to desktop, maybe the path you are saving to is giving issues (network location, long path name, etc).


How to change the vectorial hatching or add new own hatchings to materials.
User avatar
By Barry Kelly
#271277
Roopa A wrote:How to change the vectorial hatching or add new own hatchings to materials.


So can we assume you have BIMx working now?

To change the vectorial hatching you have to edit the surfaces in Archicad.
However BIMx does not show vectorial hatching - only the OpenGL materials.

So if you are now enquiring about something else it is best to start a new post in the appropriate section of the forum.

Barry.
By Roopa A
#271308
Barry Kelly wrote:
Roopa A wrote:How to change the vectorial hatching or add new own hatchings to materials.


So can we assume you have BIMx working now?

To change the vectorial hatching you have to edit the surfaces in Archicad.
However BIMx does not show vectorial hatching - only the OpenGL materials.

So if you are now enquiring about something else it is best to start a new post in the appropriate section of the forum.

Barry.


Ya that I know, we cant see hatches in BIMx.
By Roopa A
#271309
Roopa A wrote:
Barry Kelly wrote:
Roopa A wrote:How to change the vectorial hatching or add new own hatchings to materials.


So can we assume you have BIMx working now?

To change the vectorial hatching you have to edit the surfaces in Archicad.
However BIMx does not show vectorial hatching - only the OpenGL materials.

So if you are now enquiring about something else it is best to start a new post in the appropriate section of the forum.

Barry.


Ya that I know, we cant see hatches in BIMx.


In androids we cant see the movie created and saved by BIMx. They installed BIMx viewer in their mobile.
If possible, how to see?
By Roopa A
#271310
Erwin Edel wrote:Try saving to desktop, maybe the path you are saving to is giving issues (network location, long path name, etc).


From Archicad 20 and 21 onwards BIMx is not there?
While installing Archicad it will also install in last till Archicad 19 versions.
But from 20 it is not?
How to get BIMx from 20 onwards?
User avatar
By Barry Kelly
#271325
Roopa A wrote:From Archicad 20 and 21 onwards BIMx is not there?
While installing Archicad it will also install in last till Archicad 19 versions.
But from 20 it is not?
How to get BIMx from 20 onwards?


It should install automatically with 20 and 21 as well.
If not you can download the desktop viewer from the Graphisoft website.

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/bimx/

Barry.
By Roopa A
#271601
Barry Kelly wrote:
Roopa A wrote:From Archicad 20 and 21 onwards BIMx is not there?
While installing Archicad it will also install in last till Archicad 19 versions.
But from 20 it is not?
How to get BIMx from 20 onwards?


It should install automatically with 20 and 21 as well.
If not you can download the desktop viewer from the Graphisoft website.

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/bimx/

Barry.

But this BIMx viewer is only to view the model,. We cant create animation and global illumination in this.
User avatar
By Barry Kelly
#271603
Roopa A wrote:But this BIMx viewer is only to view the model,. We cant create animation and global illumination in this.


That is all BIMx is - a viewer of the model.

What do you mean by animation?
Just a set camera path (fly through)? - camera paths can be saved in the publisher set.

Or are you looking for opening doors, moving cars, walking people, etc.? - limited animation for some objects may be available in a fly-through which should translate to BIMx with the fly-through but if you are just viewing the model in BIMx there will be no animation.

Global Illumination can be set in the options when you publish to BIMx.

Barry.
By Roopa A
#271649
If we install BIMx viewer in android mobile phones, it cant play the video what we have created and saved from ac 18 or ac 19?
The client has to open and pan around and see or is there any option for that?
In earlier BIMx viewer the video will be played automatically when they open the BIM file in their android.
User avatar
By Erwin Edel
#271656
If you are publishing the BIMx, make sure you clone the camera path and include that clone in your publishing set. You can now set option for this to export as gallery items or single movie.

If you are saving from 3D window, set this option there.

You can also limit navigation to only gallery/movie here.