The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about GDL - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: I created an object that prints an error message in 3D all the time, please help!)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

Hi there - I am having a tough time figuring out how to have my skylights appear on my floor plan as just a dashed line vs. the whole top view of the skylight w/ the window marker etc.. I just want it to appear as a rectangular outline with a dashed line...thank you for any help/tips!
Attachments
SKYLIGHTS.png
I have my ROOF which carries the skylights on a storey above. I then use this as a trace reference and add the required graphic with 2D elements e.g lines, x-box symbol as required.

Unfortunately I think the only way you can display the skylights dashed automatically is to display the roof on the storey below home which then means you see all the roof outlines which can sometimes be distracting.

I'm sure there will be other options including the use of GO's...
Thank you. I was hoping there was a way that the program was intuitive enough to be able to show them automatically somehow...hopefully someone knows how. From searching on here though it doesn't seem like anyone has ever been able to answer this...
In the default Skylight objects it is possible to turn off the 2D of the Skylight altogether so only the outline is visible. See the attached image for the exact field.
Attachments
SkylightOutlineOnly.png
Thanks Laszlo - I figured out how to do that but when I do it I still see the outline of all the roof lines (hips, valleys, etc. which muddies up the drawings). Do you know is there a way to see the dashed line of the skylight without seeing the roof outlines too? Thank you!