The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Plan, Section, Elevation, Schedule, Layouting...

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
80%
Important (4)
10%
Average (3)
No votes
0%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
10%
By vgodzb
In section and elevations it would be great to have the ability to select what stories are being displayed in the view (for the story markers), similarly to the grid tool visibility options in the sections and elevations.

Maybe also being able to auto stagger the story markers if the stories height are too close to each other, or the scale of the elevation is too small.
By alemanda
I think it is already implemented.
Go in the story settings and there you will find that option, story by story.
By vgodzb
Unfortunately the setting you are referencing to is a global settings for all Elevations and Sections.

I need it to be adjustable for different Elevations and Sections for different areas of my model.

alemanda wrote:I think it is already implemented.
By dcerezo
Man, I want to 2nd my vote for this feature. The more and more I get to know ArchiCAD, the more I'm surprised with its lack of ability to do very basic things. Given how robust it is in other areas, this seemingly small feature is (or lack thereof) is stunning.
By alemanda
vgodzb wrote:Unfortunately the setting you are referencing to is a global settings for all Elevations and Sections.

I need it to be adjustable for different Elevations and Sections for different areas of my model.

alemanda wrote:I think it is already implemented.

I see
You're right and I agree with you about this feature.
By Barry Kelly
You can't set which stories will be displayed as such but you can set a vertical range for your sections and elevations in the settings or info box for each section/elevation.

Barry.
By dcerezo
Barry Kelly wrote:You can't set which stories will be displayed as such but you can set a vertical range for your sections and elevations in the settings or info box for each section/elevation.

Barry.

I don't see how that would help.
By Barry Kelly
dcerezo wrote:
Barry Kelly wrote:You can't set which stories will be displayed as such but you can set a vertical range for your sections and elevations in the settings or info box for each section/elevation.

Barry.

I don't see how that would help.

Ah, you are talking about changing the actual storey markers so you can turn on/off the visibility for the individual levels.

Sorry I mis-read and thought you wanted to control the visibility of the entire storeys.

Personally I keep my storeys very simple - one storey per floor.
None of these intermediate foundation, ceiling, roof storeys.
I also don't use the built-in storey markers.
I have an object that can be adjusted to show the levels I want.

Barry.
By runxel
I think GS already knows about this topic very well. It's a long-cherished wish.
We need to get even further here: There are so often instances where I need to have the marker not at the real endpoint.
This means not only we should control on which stories a marker appears, we also need to control on which story, on which side, on which point a marker should appear.
By alemanda
yes ... more or less like we manage the grid lines in the sections ...
At the end the story marker is a gridline ... horizontal one.
the appearance of the story marker has to be set in the section's settings.