The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modelling and drafting in ARCHICAD. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By Billy Earnest
Is there a way to select multiple text strings, & globally "custom/edit" to have measured value plus add the "+/-" suffix. I do a lot of as-built work, & sometimes need to show +/- dims. It is a major pain to have to edit each string/text one at a time. Thanks in advance!
By runxel
Billy Earnest wrote:Is there a way to select multiple text strings, & globally "custom/edit" to have measured value plus add the "+/-" suffix. I do a lot of as-built work, & sometimes need to show +/- dims. It is a major pain to have to edit each string/text one at a time. Thanks in advance!

Select all the dimensions,
then double click on the text tool (sic!).

A screen will open where you can type in what you need. :)
Have a great weekend, Billy!
By Billy Earnest
runxel wrote:
Billy Earnest wrote:Is there a way to select multiple text strings, & globally "custom/edit" to have measured value plus add the "+/-" suffix. I do a lot of as-built work, & sometimes need to show +/- dims. It is a major pain to have to edit each string/text one at a time. Thanks in advance!

Select all the dimensions,
then double click on the text tool (sic!).

A screen will open where you can type in what you need. :)
Have a great weekend, Billy!

Yes...Thank you so much!
By Link
Same technique applies to editing the fill area text for Fills.

Similarly you can select a variety of elements of simply double click the tool of the type whose settings you want to edit. Makes for easier selecting!

Cheers,
Link.