The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Speed/Display issues/unfamiliar error messages, crashes/hangs or any other problems regarding ARCHICAD (Example: I get an error message when the 3D Window is generated, please help!). <br />Note: If your problem seems to be an ARCHICAD error please always report it to your local reseller!<br />

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By Dennis Lee
I finally couldn't stand the lag in working with ArchiCAD, and started to test out what made it so slow. Most of the issue is the slow response in selecting, de-selecting (ESC key), which forces me to pause and wait for the selection / de-selection to finish prior to issuing the other commands.

I found that when I turn off the INFO BOX, everything is so much faster and instant. Every time I select a different element made from a different tool, the info box struggles to refresh, changing into the info box setting specific for that selection. I'd like to just turn it off, but as you know, the INFO BOX is so critical I'm not sure that's a viable solution.

One easy way to experiment, select a bunch of different objects, wait for it to get selected (turns blue), then hit the escape key once. Try this with the info box on and info box off.

I would like to know, is this behavior only for me? Do other users out there experience this slowness?
By Barry Kelly
Dennis Lee wrote:One easy way to experiment, select a bunch of different objects, wait for it to get selected (turns blue), then hit the escape key once. Try this with the info box on and info box off.

I would like to know, is this behavior only for me? Do other users out there experience this slowness?

It might just be you.
I have instant selection and deselection no matter how many elements I try with.
No waiting at all.

Things I would try.
Make sure you have the latest Archicad update - 5010 has just been released.
Make sure you have the latest video card drivers.
Try using the 'Standard' Work Environment.
Close the 'Renovation' palette if it is open to see if that makes any difference.
Turn of any trace reference if you have one active.

Barry.
By Dennis Lee
Thank you Barry for your feedback. I did a complete uninstall of everything ArchiCAD and reinstalled everything again, seems to be working normal now. Maybe I had too much leftover bits from past versions, etc.

Regards,

Dennis.
By Barry Kelly
Many different Archicads should not have been the problem.
I have 14 different versions/builds/national versions installed with no apparent issues.

Just reinstalling or updating that version should have fixed the problem I think.
But I am glad you have it working though.

Barry.
Attachments
archicad_versions.jpg