The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Producing imagery with ARCHICAD or 3rd party products; Surfaces; Lighting; Cameras; Artlantis/Cinema 4D/Maxwell etc.

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

By rm
Hi everyone -

Something going on here in 3D views using AC 22 that I just cant seem to correct. In the attached image, I have circled the end wall condition of a composite wall that is showing the skins. I want it to be shown as a solid surface with no skins showing through, as it should display.

I have also attached the screen shot of the makeup of the composite wall. Do any of you see something I am doing wrong here or is this a shortcoming in AC 22 to properly display composite walls in 3D. Im guessing I am doing something wrong here.

Thank you!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 12.25.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 12.34.09 PM.png
Hi,
Try using a Wallending from the Toolbox. With it you can define the length of the ending including the material.

In the attachment you see one wall without the ending the the right one with the ending.
Attachments
1212121.JPG
Wall End is a separate tool. It is located under "More" by default.

Ling.
Attachments
wallend.jpg
wallend.jpg (9.85 KiB) Viewed 448 times
By rm
Ling -

Thank you. In my case, that seems to solve one problem and then creates a new one. A line is showing up between the end wall and the wall it is attached too. That is not the desired effect. I cant seem to figure out the correct settings to get rid of the unwanted line. Any suggestions?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 10.19.28 PM.png
Have you tried just overriding the wall end surface material?
This will make it a single surface.

Barry.
Attachments
wall_edge_override.jpg
By rm
Barry -

That looks like another solution, that would be even easier yet in 3D and certainly simpler. However, wouldn't you loose the composite wall lines in plan view? I will give it a try.

Thank you!
rm wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:07 am
However, wouldn't you loose the composite wall lines in plan view?
No, this just affects the surface material in 3D/elevation.

Barry.