The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions closely related to ARCHICAD. (Example: Do we need a Linux version of ARCHICAD?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, mtron, Csaba Kézér

By mverbeek
#302623
The Graphisoft help page says:

ARCHICAD 23 FULL: is code-signed and notarized. The new version provides compatibility with macOS 10.15 Catalina.

I'm a bit confused: is this "new version" an upcoming version or the current 3003 build?
User avatar
By Karl Ottenstein
#302625
mverbeek wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:49 pm
The Graphisoft help page says:

ARCHICAD 23 FULL: is code-signed and notarized. The new version provides compatibility with macOS 10.15 Catalina.

Not sure what page you're referring to... can you post the link? All of the main / official pages do NOT claim Catalina compatibility.

For example, System Requirements for 23 here:
https://www.graphisoft.com/support/syst ... 1527696442
mentions only Mojoave and High Sierra (10.14 and 10.13) for the initial release (Build 3003).

Graphisoft's Catalina page - mentioned earlier in this thread - pretty much advises waiting a while - for both Apple updates to Catalina and updates to AC 23:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/87527/

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/96887/

This is always as it has been ... it is never wise to update to Apple's newest OS until at least the 0.1 or 0.2 update... as well as updates from Graphisoft.
User avatar
By Barry Kelly
#302626
Karl Ottenstein wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:02 am
mverbeek wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:49 pm
The Graphisoft help page says:

ARCHICAD 23 FULL: is code-signed and notarized. The new version provides compatibility with macOS 10.15 Catalina.

Not sure what page you're referring to... can you post the link? All of the main / official pages do NOT claim Catalina compatibility.

It is right on the Catalina page when you expand the Archicad 23 compatibility section.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/87527/

No wonder it is all so confusing.

Barry.
Attachments
catalina.jpg
User avatar
By Barry Kelly
#302627
Just got an e-mail from Central Innovation (Archicad distributor in Australia) clearly stating "At this early stage, we would not recommend anyone to upgrade to Catalina on production machines."

It goes on to say you can upgrade at your own risk but it recommends ...

clients on business-critical projects are advised to keep working on macOS 10.14 for the time being

Barry.
By PDG
#302631
I advise not too. My Mac upgraded and now I have issues when editing text. Archicad will just shut down. Im currently using Archicad 21. I was about to pay for the upgrade to 23 as they told me that this will fix the issue and then I got a call back from them telling me that the issue will still happen.
By mverbeek
#302642
Barry Kelly wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:23 am
Karl Ottenstein wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:02 am
mverbeek wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:49 pm
The Graphisoft help page says:

ARCHICAD 23 FULL: is code-signed and notarized. The new version provides compatibility with macOS 10.15 Catalina.

Not sure what page you're referring to... can you post the link? All of the main / official pages do NOT claim Catalina compatibility.

It is right on the Catalina page when you expand the Archicad 23 compatibility section.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/87527/

No wonder it is all so confusing.

Barry.
Thanks Barry, that is indeed the page I was referring to. It's clear v22 is compatible with the recent hotfix. v23 is still unclear due to the way Graphisoft communicates this. It would be nice if they just say what build of v22 en v23 is compatible with Catalina. As long as it's not clear I won't upgrade.
User avatar
By Ghaleb Khadra
#302649
rwhitley wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:57 pm
Wow
I am handcuffed with this new macOS Catalina upgrade. My Mac upgraded automatically and now all my version 21 and 22 keep crashing.

What do I do?

Roland
Hi Roland,

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing. In your case, I would suggest to either rollback to Mojave or Update your ARCHICAD 22 to the 6025 build (this is a mac-only update where compatibility was addressed). Any other previous builds of ARCHICAD 22 are not compatible with Catalina and so ARCHICAD cannot run reliably.

I hope I was able to help somehow!

I wish you a fantastic day!
User avatar
By Ghaleb Khadra
#302650
Barry Kelly wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:23 am
Karl Ottenstein wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:02 am
mverbeek wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:49 pm
The Graphisoft help page says:

ARCHICAD 23 FULL: is code-signed and notarized. The new version provides compatibility with macOS 10.15 Catalina.

Not sure what page you're referring to... can you post the link? All of the main / official pages do NOT claim Catalina compatibility.

It is right on the Catalina page when you expand the Archicad 23 compatibility section.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/87527/

No wonder it is all so confusing.

Barry.
Hello Barry,

Please allow me to apologize for the confusion. Thank you for pointing this out and for your feedback!
I have adjusted the note accordingly and now it states clearly which Builds are compatible.

I wish you a great day!

Kind regards,
User avatar
By Ghaleb Khadra
#302651
PDG wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:40 am
I advise not too. My Mac upgraded and now I have issues when editing text. Archicad will just shut down. Im currently using Archicad 21. I was about to pay for the upgrade to 23 as they told me that this will fix the issue and then I got a call back from them telling me that the issue will still happen.
Greetings,

I'm surprised that you have been told ARCHICAD 23 is not compatible. We released ARCHICAD 23 to be compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. During the Beta releases, we were constantly testing the Beta versions and made ARCHICAD 23 compatible with Catalina.

We still, nonetheless, advise you to proceed with caution as this is a new Operating System which implements many changes compared to how previous OS functioned. Unidentified issues might still surface.
Our official recommendation is to wait 6 months until things settle down.

I hope I could bring some clarity to this.
Kind regards,
By KRUChY_lodz
#302885
Ghaleb Khadra wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:09 pm
PDG wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:40 am
I advise not too. My Mac upgraded and now I have issues when editing text. Archicad will just shut down. Im currently using Archicad 21. I was about to pay for the upgrade to 23 as they told me that this will fix the issue and then I got a call back from them telling me that the issue will still happen.
Greetings,

I'm surprised that you have been told ARCHICAD 23 is not compatible. We released ARCHICAD 23 to be compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. During the Beta releases, we were constantly testing the Beta versions and made ARCHICAD 23 compatible with Catalina.

We still, nonetheless, advise you to proceed with caution as this is a new Operating System which implements many changes compared to how previous OS functioned. Unidentified issues might still surface.
Our official recommendation is to wait 6 months until things settle down.

I hope I could bring some clarity to this.
Kind regards,
Archicad 23 works fine, Archicad 22 with 6025 update works fine on Catalina. Only problem is with this tekst editing. Problem is also on Archicad 22 but without 6025 update.

Overall Archicad 21 works pretty well on Catalina, but has only one BUG and it's all about editing tekst.

When You finish editing tekst, and edit window closes the whole program CHRASHES !!! and that's even when Archicad have full disk access :(

Please @graphisoft make it work, please !!!