The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sharing a project for a team, accessing projects remotely. Setup of BIMcloud/Users/Roles, Working/Messaging in Teamwork (Example: What are the firewall settings for the BIMcloud to make it accessible over the Internet?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, Istvan Moharos, Marton Kiss

By Achille Pavlidis
Hi, a team member accidentally deleted a bunch of his items. I can see those items on my local copy because I haven't received changes, they appear as "deleted". To be sure if there are any more deleted items, is there a way to search for deleted items???
By LaszloNagy
I have an idea and a theory of how this could work (I have not tried it):

1. Save both versions as IFC files.
2. In a new ARCHICAD instance, use the "File\Interoperability\IFC\Detect IFC Model Changes" menu command. In the "Older version" field, select the file that still has those deleted elements, in the "Newer version" field, select the file having the deleted elements.
3. Click the "Next" button and import the IFC files, and the Wizard will detect the differences between the two files and color code the deleted elements for you, I think.

This is the best idea I have right now for this.
If you try it, please let me know how it went.