The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Topics specific to the scripting and development of Library Parts and Libraries using Param-O or the Geometric Description Language – GDL. (Example: How do you use “REQUEST” GDL commands?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy, rmasaki, Akos Somorjai, Peter Baksa, Csilla Mai

By Moonlight
Hi everyone,

As we all know, we use Drawindex function to set the order of visibility of any element we script.

My question is, after we use Drawindex function in any part of the script, how do we reset it back to its original state ?
As far as I know there is no default value as such.
Once you use it, you just have to keep resetting the value to what you need.

It would be nice if DRAWINDEX 0 could be used to reset back to the default order (figures, fills, lines, text).

Barry.
By Moonlight
@BARRY KELLY

Exactly
By Barry Kelly
Excellent.
I have voted.
Thanks.

Barry.
By Peter Baksa
The relative order (figures, fills, lines, text) still applies to the same drawindex.
You could use drawindex 30 as the default level, and get two layers to draw above/beneath that.

Would it work for your needs?
By Lingwisyer
Peter Baksa wrote:The relative order (figures, fills, lines, text) still applies to the same drawindex.
You could use drawindex 30 as the default level, and get two layers to draw above/beneath that.

So Drawindex is more like creating folders of predefined layers rather than reorganising layers?

1 - figures, fills, lines, text
2 - figures, fills, lines, text
etc.

Ling.
By Peter Baksa
Exactly. With some experimentation it looks like an unset drawindex is the same as drawindex 50, but this is undocumented, so it is better not to use drawindex in only half of the script.