The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Import/Export to other CAD/BIM formats (DWG/DXF, IFC, SketchUp, 3DS etc.), spreadsheets, databases etc.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By eldhead
Do we have knowledge regarding databeses and exporting tables from ArchiCAD. I know how to use the SQL-dialog for simple outputs of data, but I want to export these tables into a database. Then I can use Access to work with this data and simulate different outcomes depending on the input I do. Does it make sense to you?

...struggling with this language called english.
rory wrote:There is a developer page where the ODBC link tool is available on the Graphisoft site, this comes with a sample Access database linked to all the tables in a sample archicad file. ... cence.html, this link to the developer agreement is all I can find just now, fill this in and you should be able to download the information.

Right, Rory. It's still there once the agreement is signed and a login is established:

I don't see an update for 8.1, but was reasonably successful when testing this with 8.0 when the ODBC driver first came out.

eldhead wrote:Is there a developer forum?

Yes - but its about as lively as a tortoise rave party in the arctic, wintertime. Still if you have any Q's there's no barrier to posting - and getting to know which other people may have signed secret agreements and know the GS handshake :mrgreen:

Check out the developers forum after the agreement page on the GS website...

- Stuart