The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions closely related to ARCHICAD. (Example: Do we need a Linux version of ARCHICAD?)

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy, Csaba Kézér, mtron

By Laura Yanoviak
jocontreras wrote:A sugestion for graphisoft: Buy & distribute on release 11 Door & window builder & archistair from cadimage & Cigraph.

These are the two add-ons that our firm has determined are necessary for AC to function as a "complete package" -- all the others are icing on the cake...
By Rakela Raul
i would say that archiforma and now revision manager are also required
By TomWaltz
i would say that archiforma and now revision manager are also required

Door & window builder & archistair from cadimage & Cigraph.

These are the two add-ons that our firm has determined are necessary for AC to function as a "complete package" -- all the others are icing on the cake....

I have to disagree, I've lived long and prosper without using any of the above (though I am looking at Revision Manager a little).

The only purchased add-on I've consistantly used is the Smart Part Doors & Windows, just because I found them simpler and better behaved than the GS ones, but with AC10 I've even changed that stance...
By Laura Yanoviak
TomWaltz wrote:I have to disagree, I've lived long and prosper without using any of the above (though I am looking at Revision Manager a little).

You're also a GDL Guru and full-time BIM Manager, which helps considerably. :D
By Rakela Raul
im pretty sure that peter devlin doesnt need these either..but
but for the ordinary like me: archiforma is a must at least
By TomWaltz
Rakela Raul wrote:im pretty sure that peter devlin doesnt need these either..but
but for the ordinary like me: archiforma is a must at least

I've always wondered: Where in the process is ArchiForma useful? It seems like a neat product but I could never figure out where in the design process or the project lifecycle it really fit in.
By TomWaltz
Laura Yanoviak wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:I have to disagree, I've lived long and prosper without using any of the above (though I am looking at Revision Manager a little).

You're also a GDL Guru and full-time BIM Manager, which helps considerably. :D

I hate buying 30+ copies of add-ons then installing and authorizing them individually.... that helps even more.

At least D&WB is an object kit that's really easy to install.
By Laura Yanoviak
TomWaltz wrote:I hate buying 30+ copies of add-ons then installing and authorizing them individually.... that helps even more.

At least D&WB is an object kit that's really easy to install.

No kidding -- we're currently at 30 seats, and I hope to keep the add-ons to a minimum. My GDL is getting there, but it'll be a while before I'm up to your speed...
By Rakela Raul
Where in the process is ArchiForma useful?
\
and again..this is just me:

for example i had situation whe i had a curved wall with arched windows and TRIMS,
trims required to have a double curve...(curve wall plus the wdw arch) ...
and with archiforma was relatively / decently easier.....of course with the help of Dan D and Peter D
By TomWaltz
Rakela Raul wrote:
Where in the process is ArchiForma useful?
\
and again..this is just me:

for example i had situation whe i had a curved wall with arched windows and TRIMS,
trims required to have a double curve...(curve wall plus the wdw arch) ...
and with archiforma was relatively / decently easier.....of course with the help of Dan D and Peter D

Once that object is made is it parametic? Or is it just that ArchiForma lets you make something more complicated that the basic Archicad tools could not?