The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modeling (Wall, Door, Window, Roof, Stair...), Favorites...

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
81%
Important (4)
16%
Average (3)
2%
Not important (2)
1%
Not needed (1)
No votes
0%
By kliment
Beams should have Cover Fills and Background Fills!
There should be different fills for Cover Fill and Cut Fill, like Slabs, and not like Walls, where the fill is the same!

Right now I am modelling a pergola and I have to use the Fill Tool to cover the beam so it could be clear which one is above the other. I lost as much time drawing the Fills as making the Beams!
Attachments
beam fill.jpg
beam fill.jpg (117.73 KiB) Viewed 24090 times
Yes -- Absolutely! Especially now with Complex Profiles, the Beam Tool isn't just for beams anymore. We associate our parapet coping profile with the Beam Tool for sloped conditions, unfortunately, we also have to add a fill to hide the wall below.
By Paul King
Absolutely agree - a regular problem for me too.

Also, need ability to show beams as dashed lines on one OR MORE stories below and to be visable as normal lines on 1 OR MORE stories above.

This is currently impossible, yet so fundamental
By Stress Co.
Yes, Please!
kliment wrote:Right now I am modelling a pergola and I have to use the Fill Tool to cover the beam so it could be clear which one is above the other. I lost as much time drawing the Fills as making the Beams!

Doesn't putting the cut plane through the upper beams achieve the same result? (If your cut fill is a solid fill ... or you use a Model View Option...) You would have to 'stack' that drawing on top of one with the rest of the model to get other plan elements to display properly of course...

Not that I disagree with the wish... ;-)

Karl

[Oops - just noticed that the original post was 16 months ago... a little late to suggest workarounds. :oops: ]
This is a biggie for me. Very frustrating inconsistency with the other tools and a serious limitation in all sorts of ways.