The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about GDL - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: I created an object that prints an error message in 3D all the time, please help!)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

Maybe everybody knew this but me, but I couldn't find it in any documentation. Starting in 11, the 3D window has its own scale setting, and therefore its own value for GLOB_SCALE (A_). It doesn't take the scale of the plan window.

But, the 3D window doesn't have a scale tile in its footer! I noticed that too. :roll: It only shows up in the Quick Options palette. Another great moment in interface consistency.

On the off chance I'm not the very last person to hit this, I hope it saves someone from chasing an imaginary bug.
James Murray wrote:Maybe everybody knew this but me
Abolutely. Just forgot to mention it! :wink:

Well, seriously, this shows that the shorter release shedule makes AC more of a work in progress - some things are clearly not finished.
James Murray wrote:/....... It only shows up in the Quick Options palette. Another great moment in interface consistency.

On the off chance I'm not the very last person to hit this, /........
James, again you help save the day.

Your post was very timely. Have a meeting with my "ginger beer" later today
and was in the process of saving a number of 3D cut views which
I would change scale in the layout.
Now this step will be reduced. Thanks again for this tip 8)