The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Tips and tricks, suggestions, problems. (regularly monitored by GSHQFAdmin)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy, apolgar, GSHQfadmin

By GSHQfadmin
Dear ArchiCAD-Talk Users!

Perhaps you also noticed that the view posts from the last * days function became extremely slow in the past months. Due to the increased database size, it displayed the results only after 15-20 sec. This was quite annoying and made this function almost unusable.

So, I completely rewrote this function from its base (it doesn't use the forum search function anymore) and added the custom history function to it.

Please check it!

Best Regards,
Peter
Attachments
history.jpg
history.jpg (3.47 KiB) Viewed 4859 times
By Karl Ottenstein
GSHQFAdmin wrote:Perhaps you also noticed that the view posts from the last * days function became extremely slow in the past months. Due to the increased database size, it displayed the results only after 15-20 sec. This was quite annoying and made this function almost unusable.

So, I completely rewrote this function from its base (it doesn't use the forum search function anymore) and added the custom history function to it.

Wow!! Peter, that is really fast now! Well done! We should vote to have you rewrite ArchiCAD to bring us a similar speed-up! :-)

Thanks!!
Karl
By Olivier Dentan
What a difference !!!
Thank you Peter.

May i add a remark about new registered users,
who never post anythig on the forum,
and whose only purpose seems to show us their commercial website,
for Italian charms.
It looks like publicity for products that have nothing to do on this forum.
The last example is the new registered user named "Regovek".

They are a lot these last days.
I think it is not easy to delete their suscriptions,
but at least, i want to point this fact.