The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Import/Export to other CAD/BIM formats (DWG/DXF, IFC, SketchUp, 3DS etc.), spreadsheets, databases etc.

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By Mark Wallace
Open the .plt file with 'GraphicConverter.' It's been bundled in with other Apple operating software for several years.

If not bundled; it can be located here: http://www.lemkesoft.com/

Open the file, then print as usual, using the 'save as PDF' feature.

I use this every now and then for HP files or other plot files for converting them to PDFs.

Hope this helps.

Mark

---------------------------------------
Mac G5 Dual 2.3 Ghz, 1.5 Gb, Mac OSX.4.11, ArchiCAD 12 2782 USA Full + 11, 10, 9 & 7
--------------------------------------
Mark R. Wallace AIAa
If you pay the shareware fee (highly recommended) you can also batch process files. Graphic Converter is perhaps the greatest piece of shareware ever.
By Mark Wallace
I have version 5.4.1 Rev2 dating back to 2005.

It opens .plt files just fine; Including ones generated the other day.

Edit; just checked the page link above and down the page is;

"HP-GL/2 Vector images. This format is normally used from plotters."

End edit....

Every now and then I get a plt instead of a pdf from a contractor and this program opens them up and displays the graphics just like a pdf.

It's a real 'can-opener!'

Mark

Mac G5 Dual 2.3 Ghz, 1.5 Gb, Mac OSX.4.11, ArchiCAD 12 2782 USA Full + 11, 10, 9 & 7

Mark R. Wallace AIA
---------------------------------------
By Mark Wallace
Ah....in versions of ArchiCAD before V10, where plotmaker was a stand alone program, plt files would not import accept as gibberish if you could get ArchiCAD to open the .plt at all.

Since we no longer use plotmaker, I never thought to try ArchiCAD. In doing so, it appears that Brad's suggestion really works!

ArchiCAD is indeed an interesting graphic utility as well as a CAD/BIM design program.

Mark
Brad Elliott wrote:Why not just open them in ArchiCAD? Then you can do what you want with them.

:shock: Thanks, Brad.