The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

TeamWork, CAD Manager Tools, XREFs, Hotlinks...

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
No votes
0%
Important (4)
No votes
0%
Average (3)
No votes
0%
Not important (2)
50%
Not needed (1)
50%
By ejrolon
eyedropper to copy the settings of the reserved object and click to place?
By theoryshaw
unfortunately, not in this case.

working on a 2d detail sheet, was reserved by someone else and they were missing in action, to relinquish.

Figured, if i could just copy what was there and modify, i could rectify later.

<i knew they weren't working on it>
By LaszloNagy
Are you coming from a Revit background?
It seems to me that you are using words used in Revit, like Sheet and relinquish.

Because of this I am not quite sure where you are exactly.
Are you in a Detail Viewpoint? Or are you on a Layout (Sheet in Revit)?
I don't have the BIM Server installed at the moment, but I agree with Eduardo that picking up the settings of any element (by using ALT/OPT-click) should work even if the element is reserved by someone else.

Also, who or what is missing in action? The person who made the reservation? If he is, then the BIM Server Admin should force him to leave the shared Project. Then all things reserved by him would be released and would be free to be reserved by others.
By Karl Ottenstein
Also... as you have posted this, as a previous post, as a Wish... since it is clear that you are a Newbie to AC... please post your questions in the appropriate forum after thoroughly reading the Help and only post a Wish when it is clear that AC cannot do what you need.
By Steven Dumont
I've always been able to copy and paste "things" (walls, lines, fills etc.) that are reserved by someone else.