The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Any 2D tool what you need for drafting.

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
67%
Important (4)
33%
Average (3)
No votes
0%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
No votes
0%
By csparchitects
We would like the ability to offset a line thickness to left or right of the origin. We draw our details at 1:5 but it is still difficult to show DPCs/vapour control layers etc, adjacent to fills and lines which are drawn with a thick pen. Being able to thicken the line to inside of a fill depicting, say bricks, would improve the presentation of our details.
By Barry Kelly
And have the option for square ends to lines - especially thicker ones.
Barry.
By s2art
I agree, but think this would be incredibly hard to implement.

What I could see as being more easily achievable is using objects (such as the soon-to-be-discontinued Cadimage Detail Elements) with a setting within them for "back lining". Definitely doable for basic construction elements such as brick, framing, trims and linings typically shown cut in section details.

And square line ends as an option would be great too.
By csparchitects
s2art wrote:I agree, but think this would be incredibly hard to implement.

I don't think so. I used a CAD programme called MicroGDS back in 1997 which had the option for offset line thicknesses.
By s2art
I stand corrected then. :oops:

How would it work? Individually selected lines? A Model View Option? Offset direction? Leave original line as well as offset? Which line do you select?
By Barry Kelly
I guess lines could have a reference line setting like walls - left, centre, right.
Barry.