The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Tips and tricks, suggestions, problems. (regularly monitored by GSHQFAdmin)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy, apolgar, GSHQfadmin

By cortasia
I am trying to upload an image to my post, though I can not upload anything. I have tried multiple file types, reducing the size, though nothing is uploading. Is there any tricks I need to be aware of..?
By Barry Kelly
These are the allowed file types and sizes.

I use a screen capture program for images and save them as JPG.
This creates a file small enough to attach.
Saving as a JPG directly from a program can create a file that is much too large.

Barry.
Attachments
allowed_ext_size.jpg
By cortasia
Cheers Barry!
I am using Screen Grab in OSX to a jpg. And it is only coming to 52kb so a very low file size. I will keep experimenting!

Barry Kelly wrote:These are the allowed file types and sizes.

I use a screen capture program for images and save them as JPG.
This creates a file small enough to attach.
Saving as a JPG directly from a program can create a file that is much too large.

Barry.
By David Maudlin
cortasia wrote:I am using Screen Grab in OSX to a jpg. And it is only coming to 52kb so a very low file size. I will keep experimenting!

After capturing with Grab, copy, then open Preview and use File > New from Clipboard. You can crop the image, then save as .png. I have not had a problem attaching images created this way.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
By cortasia
Cheers! Though I actually tried .png before I switched to a .jpg. You could understand the frustration you can get from a simple task..:D

David Maudlin wrote:
cortasia wrote:I am using Screen Grab in OSX to a jpg. And it is only coming to 52kb so a very low file size. I will keep experimenting!

After capturing with Grab, copy, then open Preview and use File > New from Clipboard. You can crop the image, then save as .png. I have not had a problem attaching images created this way.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
By Stress Co.
I find it's quicker/easier using "Command + Shift + 4" (in lieu of "Grab").

Keyboard shortcut for screen shots