The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Any 2D tool what you need for drafting.

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
41%
Important (4)
30%
Average (3)
19%
Not important (2)
4%
Not needed (1)
7%
By Ashy Dave
Jesse Valentine Portz wrote:
Djordje wrote:
Jesse Valentine Portz wrote:Another way to not have to draw a mirroring axis is this 2 click method which would be a great option to have:

Click on 2 points- then the program uses a mirroring axis that is perpendicular to the midpoint between the 2 clicks.
I know it may sound strange, but it's actually really useful.
You can ...

Use Special snap points.
I may be wrong due to your cryptic answer, but I think you misunderstand me.
Special snap points divide a line. I am proposing a method which would spare the added effort of drawing the line in the first place.
Even if you are refering to the temporary vector, you would still need more than 2 clicks, no?
I think it's like the newly included snap point in autocad 2006 "middle of two points" this comes in extremely handy even when not mirroring. esp if you want to cut down on time by not drawing a line betweet the two desired points and then taking a mid point for whatever action.
ashy
By Djordje
Ashy Dave wrote:
Jesse Valentine Portz wrote:
Djordje wrote: You can ...

Use Special snap points.
I may be wrong due to your cryptic answer, but I think you misunderstand me.
Special snap points divide a line. I am proposing a method which would spare the added effort of drawing the line in the first place.
Even if you are refering to the temporary vector, you would still need more than 2 clicks, no?
I think it's like the newly included snap point in autocad 2006 "middle of two points" this comes in extremely handy even when not mirroring. esp if you want to cut down on time by not drawing a line betweet the two desired points and then taking a mid point for whatever action.
ashy
Exactly.

With a small difference that it has been there since 6.o (7 years)
By LaszloNagy
Djordje wrote:
Ashy Dave wrote:
Jesse Valentine Portz wrote: I may be wrong due to your cryptic answer, but I think you misunderstand me.
ashy
Exactly.

With a small difference that it has been there since 6.o (7 years)
And in AC10, it is probably even faster and easier to do with the help of Guide Lines.
By TomWaltz
Arris had a really nice mirror command that worked more like Drag, where you picked the reference point and its new location. It cut down on a lot of "two-point midpoint" commands.

The caveat was that it had seperate Mirror-X and Mirror-Y commands.
By Ashy Dave
TomWaltz wrote:Arris had a really nice mirror command that worked more like Drag, where you picked the reference point and its new location. It cut down on a lot of "two-point midpoint" commands.

The caveat was that it had seperate Mirror-X and Mirror-Y commands.
Hey that'd be real nice. "miror to 'here'" or something like that. That's definately on my wish list!