The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modelling and drafting in ARCHICAD. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By oops2
Hi,

Is it possible to do curved text in AC 9?
By Steve Jepson
yes
By oops2
Hi, Mr. Jepsen. Thkx for Ur reply, but more detailed explanations on how to do curved text would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.
By Steve Jepson
I didn't say there was a GOOD way.

http://www.objectsonline.com/arc/default.tpl
Iniversal 3D Text. $20.00

You can also import the text from Word or other programs that can make curved text better and import it as an image.

If its just a few words you could make individual letters and rotate them to match your curve. If you do this I suggest you make one letter and use the multiply-rotate-distribute feature to get a uniform curve and then edit each letter. Its much faster.
Last edited by Steve Jepson on Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Steve Jepson
Objects Online also has an add-on for $15.00 that is called Text Radial 3D.
By Karl Ottenstein
There are so many interpretations of "curved text" (half a dozen in my mind anyway), that perhaps you could show an image of what you want to produce?

Karl
By oops2
There are so many interpretations of "curved text" (half a dozen in my mind anyway), that perhaps you could show an image of what you want to produce?

Karl
Thanks for Ur helps.

For example I must indicate the sea high water level on a site plan. I want the text to follow the path of a spline.