The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sections/Elevation/3D Document/Worksheets/Details etc., Annotations, Texts, Labeling, Layouting, Renovation Filters, Graphic Overrides, Revisions/Issues, Printing/Plotting, PDF, Mark-Up/Web Reviewer, etc.

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By uisanata
Hello again.

Our project is drawn in local country coordinates. (small country, so we can afford to, ;) ) That means that all levels are drawn rotated and we use the "Rotate Orientation" option to align the views in a "normal" position.

Problem is sometimes, randomly in fact, the Sections and Elevations behave very strange when placed onto layouts. They maintain the rotation angle and refuse to align back no matter what.

What am I missing, how is this working?

Thank you
[/img]
Attachments
0003.jpg
plan with rotated orientation
By Bruce
I don't know if you ever received a solution for this, but it's been a long time glitch in ArchiCAD (ever since they introduced rotated views).

To avoid the problem, you need to reset your view rotation to 0.00° BEFORE creating your saved section/elevation view. Once this is created, you can rotate your plan view back to what it was.

There is no way I have found to fix this after creating the view...it needs to be done before.