The Global Archicad Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Label, Text, Dimension, Markers...

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

What's your opinion about this wish?

Essential (5)
61%
Important (4)
36%
Average (3)
3%
Not important (2)
No votes
0%
Not needed (1)
No votes
0%
By karinamdp
I agree with this. Sometimes this can be very helpful. The workaround I have found when I want to do it is to place unlinked section markers manually on the desired elevation/section, but those obviously don't update their position.

I'm not a programmer, but this might work as a grid line, and set manually if you want it to be shown in other sections/elevations or not.
A section marker already exists in 3D space. It cuts a volume with a plane. That plane can be shown in elevation as well as in plan. A section marker should have the option to be displayed in elevation, or indeed other section views.

No tricks, no copying, pasting and rotating. Make it simple.
Yes... I've been waiting for this for too long. If we can have Grid Tool visibility in S/E, this should be a no-brainer.
By David Larrew
Yes... I've been waiting for this for too long. If we can have Grid Tool visibility in S/E, this should be a no-brainer. This wish is so popular that it is actually listed multiple times on this forum.
By Tomek Piatek
Further to this, the section tool should generate valid sections in any view. There is absolutely no reason why I shouldn't be able to draw sections in elevation or other section views. This ability is actually really useful on complex projects when one is trying to understand some detail.

Also, we should be able to rotate section markers so that the resulting section view can be made perpendicular to the object we're cutting. For example, take a complex roof assembly that runs at some angle (slope). If you place a marker that is vertical on screen you will get an oblique cut through the roof assembly. To get a cut that is perpendicular we need to be able to draw the marker perpendicular to the roof surface. Currently none of this is even possible. Revit does. Just sayin'...
By Karl Ottenstein
I've just merged a duplicate with into this original wish. If you voted on the duplicate wish this week, please vote again as those votes were lost. If you're just seeing this wish, jump in and vote. :-)

[I know it is a pain - but please search the forums for an existing wish or topic before creating a new, duplicate one. In the case of wishes, this is really important as there is no way to merge votes. Thanks everyone.]