The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Import/Export to other CAD/BIM formats (DWG/DXF, IFC, SketchUp, 3DS etc.), spreadsheets, databases etc.

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

A colleague with whom I work and uses Adobe Illustrator cannot select elements (lines, fills, etc.) in PDFs that I save/publish in ArchiCAD. He has no difficulty editing PDFs from other sources. What gives? Thanks.
If the suggested PDF tips below don't help... note that Illustrator can open DWG files... so you could always go that route...
Thanks, all. I just sent DWGs to my colleague to see if that may give better results. I resent the PDFs with "hairlines" checked, however, the issue appears to be some sort of "bounding box" or background that is attached to the PDF that accompanies the actual drawing, rendering it unusable. I have no experience with Illustrator, and he says it is a great deal of trouble for him to get rid of the "bounding box" issue.
By runxel
Kenneth Brooks wrote:... however, the issue appears to be some sort of "bounding box" or background that is attached to the PDF that accompanies the actual drawing, rendering it unusable. I have no experience with Illustrator, and he says it is a great deal of trouble for him to get rid of the "bounding box" issue.

Like I already said:
He must first dissolve the generated clipping mask(s) for sure.

No voodo magic here.