The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sharing a project for a team, accessing projects remotely. Setup of BIM Server/Users/Roles, Working/Messaging in Teamwork (Example: What are the firewall settings for the BIM server to make it accessible over the Internet?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

In ArchiCAD 20 we have a Project set up so only specific users with a particular Role could access the Structures Model.

However in ArchiCAD 21 I have set up the same thing but users who do not have that Role are still able to edit the Model whereas in AC20 they couldn't.

Is this a glitch in ArchiCAD 21 BIMServer?

The screenshot below shows the Access settings

Hi,
The two versions are the same in case of the permission system.
I suspect that those users who can access the project probably has got a management role (project or server administrator). Note that users who have management roles get full access to the whole project tree. Could you please check this?
Regards,
Istvan
The users who should not be able to access it their Role is set to Lead Architect and their Management Role is "not set"
Apologies all.

It seems I was a numpty and should have double checked. There seems to have been a delay between me changing the settings on the BIMServer and what the User was able to do. We discovered today that the changes I had done to the BIMServer had in fact worked.

So nothing to see here, move on....

:oops: