The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Modelling and drafting in ARCHICAD. (Example: How can I model a Roof soffit/fascia?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

Yes... but didn't quite get what you did Embarassed

What I understood is that you solved by using the finish stair twice, the second one used as "structural" and tread and riser parameters modified. Is this correct?

Thanks.

I think that this is a good compromise!
Probably there is not a way to do this by using just one stair...

Another solution could be to use the "Schematic Stair Option" in MVO to have a solid element operation with something like a Mesh or a Shell, because the schematic stair is based on the reference line of the stair, that is the one you look for...
By alemanda
sinceV6 wrote:Yes... but didn't quite get what you did :oops:

What I understood is that you solved by using the finish stair twice, the second one used as "structural" and tread and riser parameters modified. Is this correct?

Thanks.

SinceV6,
No.
I used the stair without finishing as structural element, another stair with the finishing only as finishing element.
The sttuctural one is moved 30mm forward and 50cm down in order to be correct. Then I "play" with connection at the slab of the upper level where the structural rider is usually 50mm shorter, and with the connection at bottom where the structural riser is usually 50mm higher

This approach is generally easy and smooth for structural stair. Only in certain cases it is a bit complicated and you have to play with more parameters but I've been always capable to get the correct structural stair.
By sinceV6
alemanda wrote:I used the stair without finishing as structural element, another stair with the finishing only as finishing element.
The structural one is moved 30mm forward and 50cm down in order to be correct.

OMG. Such a simple and elegant solution! :shock:

Thanks.

Best regards.