That’s a tricky question, there are many factors that can affect the performance of a BIM Server. First of all, the machine itself. Please consider the following link for the hardware specifications for all Graphisoft products:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/syste ... 1484128655
Recommended System requirements for BIM Server:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/techn ... im-server/
Other things to consider are:
• The back schedule of the BIM Server. If it is during working hours it can produce delays in Send/Receive and reservation . Make sure to schedule BIMProject backups to run outside of working hours.
• Any antivirus, monitoring or backup application that is installed on the server computer. Make sure to schedule BIMProject backups to run outside of working hours.
• Turn off any indexing applications on the server computer. These type of applications may use a lot of resources and it is not recommended to use them on server computers.
• Any HTTP forward proxies must be configured.
• Is the Server computer used also as a file Server? BIM Server and a File Server are highly I/O intensive applications, that tend to regard the data storage as their own. If you host both on the same computer this could lead to conflict over resources resulting in neither application working efficiently.
• If you are using both BIM Server 19 and 20 on the same computer the Load of the RAM will be increased, especially if you run projects on both Servers simultaneously.